Tails & Trotters
THIS WEEK'S SOUP (2/18-2/23/19)
Our soups are made from scratch, and always showcase something delicious available in our shop (even if it's just our rich stock). Soup is available in 8oz or 16oz portions, to go or to eat in our cozy shop.
- Roasted Potato & Bacon: Roasted potatoes pureed in pork stock & studded with roasted veggies. Topped with bacon & served with optional chunk of baguette.
- "Pho": A "pho" type pork broth with dumpling-style meat balls & veggies.
- Posole: Hominy stew with tender chunks of pork shoulder in a rich chile broth. Served with lime, shredded cabbage & cotija cheese.
We serve each soup 2-3 days, so this list is approximate. Please call the shop to learn what is currently being served.
THIS WEEK'S SAUSAGES (2/18-2/23/19)
Tails & Trotters features a rotating cast of over 3 dozen fresh and smoked sausages. On any given week there are 3-6 varieties of fresh sausages available in the butcher case, and 1-2 varieties of smoked sausages (& LOTS more available in the display freezer).
- Ball Park Style Beef + Pork Hot Dogs (New! Smoked)
- Cheddar Knackers (smoked)
- Linguica (smoked)
- Smoked Brats (smoked)
- Basque (fresh)
- Chorizo Verde (fresh)
- Jalapeno Cheddar (fresh)
- Shiitake-Leek (fresh)
HALF PIG PROGRAM
For those that enjoy the challenge of "nose to tail" cooking, or just comforted by having a freezer full of provisions, we offer a Half Pig Program. For a flat fee ($650) you receive half of a 270lb pig, butchered to your specifications (with our guidance through defined choices) and packaged in clear, labeled vacuum-sealed bags. You can exchange portions for cured items for a nominal extra cost, and don't have to take all the bits you just won't use.
Our farmers market booth is hibernating For January & February. Look for our bright orange canopy on the east side of the market's middle block starting Saturday, March 16!
- Butchery & Marinated Cuts
- Porchetta & Table Ham
- Sliced Sandwich Ham & Porkstrami
- Over 20 varieties of fresh & smoked sausages
- Award-winning pâté, rillettes & deviled ham
- Bacons, guanciale, pancetta
- 6 diverse varieties of pulled pork
- Pasta sauces & pantry staples (ham hocks, salt pork, tasso ham)
- Leaf lard & stock
Special orders for farmers market pickup can be placed via phone or email (3pm Friday deadline).