Tails & Trotters
THIS WEEK'S SOUP (4/8-4/13/19)
Our soups are made from scratch, and always showcase something delicious available in our shop (even if it's just our rich stock). Soup is available in 8oz or 16oz portions, to go or to eat in our cozy shop.
- Texas Hot Link Chili: Bulk Texas Hot Link Sausage in a rich tomato base. Garnished with sour cream, radishes & scallions; served with optional chunk of baguette.
- Guinness Stew: So popular for St. Patty's day we're revisiting it! Classic stew with tender roast pork shoulder, bacon, carrots, potatoes, brussels sprouts & a hearty splash of Guinness. Served with an optional chunk of baguette.
- Sunshine Curry: Tender pork shoulder, mushrooms, potatoes & carrots in a light but rich yellow curry broth.
We serve each soup 2-3 days, so this list is approximate. Please call the shop to learn what is currently being served.
THIS WEEK'S SAUSAGES (4/8-4/13/19)
Tails & Trotters features a rotating cast of over 3 dozen fresh and smoked sausages. On any given week there are 3-6 varieties of fresh sausages available in the butcher case, and 1-2 varieties of smoked sausages (& LOTS more available in the display freezer).
- Andouille (smoked)
- "Ballpark Franks" (smoked)
- Krakowska (smoked)
- Smoked Linguica
- Calabrian (fresh)
- Chorizo Verde (fresh)
- Jalapeno-Cheddar (fresh)
- Linguica (fresh)
- Tuscan (fresh)
We're back at our usual spot at the PSU Farmers Market (east side of the park blocks & Hall St.) through Saturday, December 21!
- Butchery & Marinated Cuts
- Porchetta & Table Ham
- Sliced Sandwich Ham & Porkstrami
- Over 20 varieties of fresh & smoked sausages
- Award-winning pâté, rillettes & deviled ham
- Bacons, guanciale, pancetta
- 6 diverse varieties of pulled pork
- Pasta sauces & pantry staples (ham hocks, salt pork, tasso ham)
- Leaf lard & stock
Special orders for farmers market pickup can be placed via phone or email (3pm Friday deadline).
HALF PIG PROGRAM
For those that enjoy the challenge of "nose to tail" cooking, or just comforted by having a freezer full of provisions, we offer a Half Pig Program. For a flat fee ($650) you receive half of a 270lb pig, butchered to your specifications (with our guidance through defined choices) and packaged in clear, labeled vacuum-sealed bags. You can exchange portions for cured items for a nominal extra cost, and don't have to take all the bits you just won't use.